What to do after a thunderstorm
The storm is over, and there is no longer any immediate danger. By doing certain things straight away, such as clearing away debris and cleaning up, you can prevent further damage.
In addition, please take note of the following points:
- Administer first aid or call an ambulance if anyone has been injured.
- Do not remain inside a damaged building.
- Call the fire service if dangerous conditions need to be dealt with or barriers set up.
- Do not touch any fallen cables.
- Watch out for falling branches.
- Take care around watercourses that have burst their banks.
The following procedures are recommended in order to avoid subsequent damage:
- Check your house or apartment for storm damage.
- Notify your house insurance company of any damage you find.
- See the PLANAT website for further information on precautionary measures.