Nowcasting / INCA-CH
The INCA-CH nowcasting system provides analyses and very short-term forecasts (0-6h) of weather developments. The forecasts are updated every 10 minutes taking into account the latest available observations.
The INCA-CH system calculates every 10 minutes (144 times a day) a continuous nowcasting integrating different information sources. It covers Switzerland and the neighbouring regions with a horizontal resolution of 1km. The forecast time horizon ranges from 0 to 6 hours where data is produced in a temporal granularity of 10 or 60 minutes, depending on the parameter. The 6-hour nowcast includes the seamless combination of observed and extrapolated data as well as predicted data from the numerical model COSMO-1E. For some parameters, a continuous prediction up to 33h is available (merging of INCA-CH with COSMO-1E).
The high update frequency allows to take into account the latest available observations (measurement stations, radar network, satellite images) and thus to always provide a high quality forecast.
The following parameters are currently available:
- Temperature at 2m and ground temperature (°C)
- Relative humidity (%) and dew point (°C)
- Average wind and gust (m/s)
- Precipitation (mm/h), precipitation type (#) and snow component of precipitation (mm/h)
- New snow (cm)
- Total cloudiness (%), 3 cloudiness levels (low, medium high in %), relative sunshine (%)
- Convective potential energy (CAPE, analysis only, in J/kg)
- Convective inhibition (CIN, analysis only, in J/kg)
INCA-CH data are available on a grid (710x640 grid points) in netCDF format.
Prices upon request: Contact form